Orders and Directives
Please note that any Orders and Directives issued under relevant laws (e.g. Health Protection and Promotion Act, and Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act) take precedent over this policy.
Current Visitor Guidelines (as of August 11, 2022)
Emergency Department Guidelines
- One (1) visitor allowed.
In-Patient/Acute Care Department Guidelines
- Up to two visitors (2) at a time.
- Visiting hours are restricted to 10am – 8pm.
- For patients on isolation, up to two (2) designated visitors will be allowed each day - one (1) at a time.
End of Life/Palliative/Critically Ill/Pediatric Guidelines
- Exceptions to the policies noted above will be made for this group of especially vulnerable patients.
We continue to offer Virtual Visits (video calls), phone calls, and window visits to support patients and loved ones stay connected.
What You Need to Know for Your Visit
- Visitors must be over the age of 16 (with visitors to palliative patients being considered on a case-by-case basis.)
- Enter at the Emergency Department entrance, clean your hands with hand sanitizer, apply medical mask and answer screening questions honestly. Please be patient and wait for each question to be asked.
- Visitors to the In-Patient Department will be rapid tested for COVID-19.
- If you fail the screening or the testing, you will not be allowed to enter our facilities. Case-by-case exceptions will be made for visitors to patients receiving end-of-life care.
- You’ll be provided with a sticker to wear for the duration of your visit.
- You will be asked your full name and contact information. We are required to collect this information for contact tracing.
- If you do not have a medical grade mask, one will be provided.
- Food or drink must not be consumed while visiting. You may bring food/drink for the patient, as long as it does not require storage or heating and follows the patients plan of care. No homemade treats please. Please bring in a wipe-able closed container.
- Do not bring animals to visit, with exceptions for service animals.
- Check in with staff when you arrive to the unit. Stay in your loved one’s room when you visit. Do not visit other areas in the hospital. Once onsite we ask that you minimize the number of times you enter and leave the building.
- Maintain physical distance of 2 metres/6 feet or more from all hospital staff and patients.
- Sanitize your hands before entering and when leaving the patient’s room, as well as at other doorways and ‘high-touch’ surfaces. Sanitize your hands upon leaving the hospital.
- Upon exit of the unit, please sanitize hands, and remove your eye protection and discard of it into the “used bin” located at the screeners desk. Notify the Screener when you are leaving.
Please also remember that anyone who is feeling unwell – for any reason – should not visit. Only service animals are being permitted into HHHS at this time.
If you have any questions regarding visiting, please contact the Nursing Station (phone number located on the right-hand side of this page).